One of our children's favourite treats at bedtime is Golden Milk, which is known in our house as "Yellow Hot Chocolate". I remember fondly when my mother used to make me a cup of warm milk with honey to help me sleep, and this version has all the same comforting qualities, with lots of medicinal benefits too. Raw cow's milk can be substituted for the coconut milk if available, though we quite like the added creaminess and sweet coconutty taste that the coconut milk adds.
This is one of the most simple and delightful ways to add a daily dose of turmeric and coconut to your family's diet, offering protection from inflammation, oxidation, infections, digestive troubles, insomnia and even cancer. It's especially helpful during cold and flu season, to ease a sore throat and sooth a dry cough.
You will need:
1 full tsp Cha's Organics Ground Turmeric
Organic raw honey to taste
What to do:
- In a small or medium saucepan, whisk the coconut milk and turmeric until evenly blended
- Heat over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until steaming (do not overheat)
- Reduce temperature to low and continue heating for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally
- Remove from heat and sweeten to taste with honey (never cook honey, as this creates Ama (toxins) - always use honey raw and add after heating)
- Let cool slightly and serve to the whole family in small mugs