Ceylon Black Jackfruit Curry
- 1 cup dry Ceylon pearl rice
- 2 cans young jackfruit
- 2 Tbsp virgin coconut oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 Ceylon black curry kit
- 1 can premium coconut milk
- ¼ cup water
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- Juice of 1 lime or ½ lemon, plus wedges for garnish
- Curry leaves or fresh cilantro (optional)
- Rinse the jackfruit well, drain and set aside.
- In a large saucepan, bring 8 cups of water to a boil. Add the jackfruit, lower the heat and simmer for 15 minutes then strain and set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat the virgin coconut oil over medium heat then sauté the onion and garlic until onion is translucent (around 5 minutes).
- Add the contents of the dried herb pack and sauté 1 minute.
- Add the contents of the curry paste pack along with the boiled jackfruit then stir until evenly coated.
- Add coconut milk, water and salt then cover and simmer 20 minutes over low heat, stirring occasionally.
- While the jackfruit curry is simmering, prepare pearl rice according to the instructions on the pack.
- Add tomato and fresh lime or lemon juice then stir well before serving over pearl rice.
- Garnish with lime or lemon wedges and curry leaf or fresh cilantro.