Fruity Coconut Milk Smoothies
Smoothies are so easy to make, versatile, filling and delicious, all the more so with the creamy goodness of coconut milk. Did you know that good quality coconut milk is naturally high in MCT
s? These easy to burn fats are a perfect source of pre-workout energy that won't raise blood sugar the way that carbs do. So go ahead and replace your dairy, soy or other milk with coconut milk for a delicious and nutritious fruity coconut treat.
- 1 medium container of all natural sorbet of your choice (strawberry works pretty awesome for this recipe, mango too)
- Juice of 1/2 lime (optional)
- 1/2 tsp to 1 tsp of ground ginger, true cinnamon and/or turmeric depending on your choice of fruit, your mood, or the particular health benefits you seek
- Hemp or other protein powder if desired
- Using a blender or hand blender, blend all of the ingredients until smooth. If using ice, add this after the other ingredients are evenly blended to avoid having hard chunks of coconut oil form upon contact with the ice.
- Adjust all quantities to taste and enjoy!
Some of our favorite combos:
Premium coconut milk + strawberry sorbet.
Premium coconut milk + mango sorbet or fresh mango + ground turmeric.
Lemongrass ginger coconut milk + frozen pineapple.
Light coconut milk + banana + hemp protein + blueberries + ground cinnamon.