Unique to Sri Lankan cuisine, Ceylon Black Curry Paste starts with a blend of spices gently roasted until they’re nice and toasty. Black pepper adds a good dose of heat to this curry, while coriander seeds are the dominant note in its signature taste. With the addition of tamarind paste and bursting with the robust flavour of spices forming delicate and nuanced flavours, this curry paste is the starting point for some of our favourite curries and it just might become a favourite of yours too!
Curry Paste: water, organic onion, organic coconut oil, organic coconut vinegar, organic garlic, organic ginger, organic coriander seed, organic galangal, organic coconut, organic lemongrass, organic curry leaf, organic coconut nectar, salt, organic chili pepper, organic pandan leaf, organic Malabar tamarind, organic cumin seed, organic fennel seed, organic clove, organic true cinnamon, organic cardamom, organic black pepper, organic turmeric.
Dried Herbs: organic curry leaf, organic onion, organic garlic, organic pandan leaf, organic chili pepper.
How to use
1. Heat 2 Tbsp of cooking oil on medium heat, stir in contents of curry paste and herb pouches and sauté 1 minute.
2. Add 2 to 3 cups of vegetables and protein of your choice then sauté 5 minutes
3. Add 1 can (400 mL) of Cha's Organics Premium Coconut Milk with ½ cup of water and simmer 10 minutes or until all ingredients are well cooked.
4. Season to taste with salt and your choice of sweetener then serve over rice and garnish with lime and fresh cilantro.
- Certified Organic
- Certified Kosher
- Preservative and sulphite free
- Non Irradiated
- Gluten free
- Soy free
- No artificial flavours
- 100% delicious