This unique heirloom Red Rice is known as Kurulu Thuda (කුරුළු තුඩ) where it is grown in Sri Lanka.
A staple of the Ayurvedic diet, this traditional rice variety has been enjoyed since ancient times for its high nutritional value and many healing virtues.
Its name is derived from the Sinhalese words kurulu, meaning bird, and thuda, meaning beak, in reference to its delicate grains that are reminiscent of a bird’s beak.
The distinct nutty flavour and lovely texture of this Red Rice will complement your dishes, savoury and sweet.
How to use
1. Rinse and drain 1 cup of Cha’s Organics Red Rice then add 3 cups of water and a pinch of salt. For improved texture, soak 20 minutes prior to rinsing.
2. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stir and cover then reduce to minimum heat.
3. Simmer 25 minutes until water is absorbed, let stand covered 5 minutes then fluff with a fork.
4. Serve alongside your favourite Cha’s Organics Ceylon Curry for an authentic Sri Lankan meal.
- Certified Organic
- Dairy Free
- Gluten free
- Low waste packaging
- Allergen free
- Cultivated using traditional methods