Carrot Soup With Ginger And Lemongrass
Recipe contributed by Joey's Plate
- 5 cups water
- 1 vegetable soup cube
- 1Tbsp olive oil or avocado oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 3 ½ cups carrots, diced
- 1 ½ cups sweet potatoes, diced
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 7 lemongrass stems
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Coconut milk
- Chopped green onions
- Micro greens
- Purple daikon radish
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat, then sauté diced onion until translucent (around 5 minutes).
- Add remaining ingredients, bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes.
- Remove lemongrass stems and purée until smooth using stainless steel blender stick or heat-proof glass blender.
- Serve in soup bowls and garnish with micro greens, cilantro, green onions, purple daikon radish and a splash of coconut milk.