Cashew Coconut Cheese Wheel
Recipe contributed by Joey's Plate
- ½ cup raw cashews, soaked for 2 hours
- ¾ cup light coconut milk
- 2 Tbsp virgin coconut oil, melted (neutral to taste)
- ¼ cup agar flakes (not powder)
- 1½ Tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 Tbsp tapioca flour
- 1 tsp vegan lactic acid
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- 1 capsule of vegan probiotics
- ½ Tbsp pectin
- In a high speed blender, combine all ingredients except pectin and blend until smooth.
- Transfer the mixture into a nonstick wok or saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat, whisking constantly.
- Reduce heat to a simmer 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add pectin and stir until dissolved.
- Pour the mixture into a circular mold, cover and let sit at room temperature several hours before serving or storing in the refrigerator.