Cinnamon Heart Latte
Recipe contributed by Eat Well With Michelle
- 1 can coconut whipping cream, chilled overnight
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp of powdered sugar or powdered monk fruit (optional)
- ¾ cup freshly boiled water
- 1 tsp masala chai black tea
- 1¼ cup plant milk of choice
- 1½ tsp beetroot powder
- 1 to 2 tsp maple syrup
- ¼ tsp true cinnamon, ground
- 1 true cinnamon quill
- Edible rose petals for garnish (optional)
- Prepare coconut whipped cream topping by scooping chilled coconut whipping cream into a mixing bowl and whipping with an electric beater 1 to 2 minutes, adding vanilla and powdered sugar or powdered monk fruit if desired, then set aside.
- In a mug or jar, stir chai tea in ¼ cup of freshly boiled water boil water, cover and let steep 4 minutes.
- In a small saucepan, heat one cup of plant milk and 1 tsp of beetroot powder on medium heat until steaming but not boiling, stirring well.
- Add beetroot milk to the steeped chai tea and steep 2 more minutes.
- Strain the pink chai tea mixture into a decorative mug and top with more hot water if needed then sweeten to taste with maple syrup.
- Froth ¼ cup of plant milk with a ½ tsp of beetroot powder then pour over tea pink chai tea.
- Top with coconut whipped cream them garnish with true cinnamon powder, rose petals and a true cinnamon quill and share with your Valentine!