Coconut "Bacon" Mushroom Linguine
Recipe contributed by Joey's Plate
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 ½ Tbsp nutritional yeast
- 3 Tbsp tamari
- 1 tsp liquid smoke
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- ¼ tsp ground turmeric
- 1 can coconut cubes
- 4-5 shiitake mushrooms, sliced
Cashew cream sauce
- ½ cup cashews, soaked 2 hours and strained
- ¼ cup water
- ½ cup light coconut milk
- ½ medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 1 box of linguine
Coconut cube "bacon"
- Strain and rinse coconut cubes, reserving the pineapple juice for another recipe or to drink.
- Combine all ingredients except coconut cubes and mushrooms, then mix well to create the seasoning.
- Marinate coconut cubes and mushrooms in seasoning for at least 4 hours.
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Place coconut cubes on a parchment lined baking sheet and bake 30 minutes, tossing every 10 minutes.
- In a high speed blender, combine all ingredients until smooth.
- Transfer to a medium saucepan, bring to a boil then reduce to low and simmer 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Cook and strain linguine according to instructions on package.
- Combine cooked linguine with the cashew sauce and toss well.
- Serve with coconut cube "bacon" and mushrooms, and garnish with edible flowers, chopped green onions, micro greens and freshly ground black pepper.