Coconut Cream Eggs
Recipe contributed by Joey's Plate
Makes 5-6 eggs
Dairy-free decadence the whole family will enjoy. Easter Bunny tested and approved.
- ¼ cup raw cacao butter, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 Tbsp raw cacao powder
- 3 Tbsp maple syrup
- ½ cup coconut cream (top layer from unshaken refrigerated can)
- ¼ cup deodorized coconut oil, melted
- 2 Tbsp cashew butter
- 2 Tbsp maple butter
- 3 Tbsp maple sugar
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
For best results, ensure all ingredients are at room temperature. In case they are too hard, warm them in a saucepan and let cool until they become solid but not hardened.
- Chill plastic molds in freezer 30 minutes before use.
- Combine all ingredients except melted cacao butter and blend well.
- Incorporate cacao butter and blend well.
- In a small bowl, reserve about 2 tsp of chocolate coating for binding the egg halves together and set aside.
- Pour chocolate into molds then flip upside down so that chocolate leaves a thin coating on the molds.
- Set in freezer until chocolate coating is hardened, around 20 minutes.
- Repeat 3 times, or until chocolate coating is approximately 1 mm thick.
- In a high-speed blender, combine all ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Reserve 2 Tbsp of cream filling in a small bowl, add turmeric and stir well to create the yellow “yolk”.
- Scoop the cream filling into the chocolate-coated egg molds, adding a small dollop of yellow “yolk” to the center of each egg.
- Set in the freezer and chill until the cream is firm, around 30 minutes.
Remove egg halves from molds and bind together with a thin layer of liquid chocolate. Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.