Dahl Curry With Coconut Milk
- ½ cup red lentils
- 1 cup water
- 1 vegetable soup cube
- 1 cinnamon quill
- ¾ tsp ground turmeric
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ¼ tsp coriander seeds
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- ¼ tsp crushed chili pepper (optional)
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 can premium coconut milk
- 2 slices organic lemon
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- Black pepper (to taste)
- 1 cup of Ceylon Pearl Rice, uncooked
- While preparing the dahl, cook the rice according to the directions on the pack so that it will be ready to serve alongside the dahl.
- Place lentils in a medium saucepan and rinse and drain until water runs clear.
- Add water, soup cube, spices, onion and garlic.
- Heat to boiling and cook lentils for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the can of premium coconut milk to the lentils and let simmer another 10 minutes, or until lentils are tender.
- Garnish with cilantro, lemon slices and black pepper.
- Serve the rice on the side.