Coconut Milk Rice
- 1 cup of Ceylon pearl rice, uncooked
- 2½ cups water
- 1 can premium coconut milk
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp coconut or maple syrup (optional)
- Fresh banana (optional)
- In a medium saucepan, rinse and drain 1 cup of Ceylon pearl rice.
- Add water and bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Stir, cover and simmer over low heat until water is mostly absorbed.
- Add coconut milk and salt, then continue cooking over low heat for 5 minutes, stirring often until coconut milk is mostly absorbed and the rice is creamy and thick.
- Transfer the milk rice into a shallow bowl, using it as a mould to set the rice, and let cool for 5 minutes before turning it out onto a larger plate.
- Cut into squares and serve alongside fresh whole banana, drizzled with coconut or maple syrup.