Festive Quinoa Tabouleh
Recipe contributed by Joey's Plate
This holiday season, delight your guests with our deliciously festive quinoa tabouleh salad.
- 2 c uncooked quinoa
- 2 red bell peppers, diced
- 1 large cucumber, diced with seed removed
- 1 c chopped grape tomatoes
- 2 to 3 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 c loosely packed fresh mint leaves
- 1 c loosely packed parsley
- 6 green onions, chopped
- Seeds from 1 pomegranate
- 1 c sprouted legumes (optional)
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tsp moringa leaf powder
- 2 tsp ground coriander seed
- 1 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 c oil (olive, avocado or other)
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp tamari
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 2 c cilantro leaves
- 3 small garlic cloves
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, minced
- Rinse quinoa well under cold water.
- Transfer to a large saucepan and add 4 c of water.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Reduce heat & simmer, covered, for 10 to 15 minutes until quinoa is fluffy and the liquid is absorbed.
- While the quinoa is cooling, combine the ingredients ofr the dressing is a blender and blend until smooth.
- Once cooled, mix all salad ingredients together then add dressing to desired taste and consistency.