Recipe contributed by Joey's Plate
Makes 24 cookies
- 1½ cup gluten-free flour
- 1¼ cup almond flour
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup deodorized coconut oil, melted
- 2 Tbsp almond butter
- chia egg (1 Tbsp chia powder & 3 Tbsp water) or egg
- 3 Tbsp molasses
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground true cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- ¼ tsp whole cloves, freshly ground
- ¼ tsp sea salt
Cinnamon sugar coating
- 1½ Tbsp maple sugar
- ½ tsp ground true cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375 °F and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Create chia egg and set aside to thicken.
- In a large bowl, combine almond and gluten free flour wit coconut sugar and set aside.
- in a high-speed blender combine maple syrup, melted coconut oil, almond butter, chia egg and molasses. Blend until smooth.
- Pour maple syrup almond mixture into the flour blend and mix until a smooth dough forms. Cover then chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- While the dough chills, combine the maple sugar and true cinnamon to form the coating.
- Form dough into 2 Tbsp round balls and palm roll until smooth. Gently roll cookie dough balls in cinnamon sugar coating then place on parchment-lined baking sheets, leaving approximately 3 inches between each one. Using a fork, press down gently to form ½ thick cookies.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until the cookies appear fluffy and the edges begin to look baked.
- Allow to cool on baking sheet 10 minutes before transferring to a cookie jar or serving tray.