Golden Turmeric Waffles
Recipe contributed by The Food Snaps
- 2 cups gluten free flour
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- ½ tsp ground true cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- Crushed seeds from 2 cardamom pods
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 can premium coconut milk
- 3 eggs or 3 flax eggs
- 2 Tbsp deodorized coconut oil
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 can coconut whipping cream, chilled overnight
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- Fresh strawberries, sliced
- Sliced almonds
- Preheat waffle iron.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, spices, baking powder and salt then set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk eggs then add coconut milk, maple syrup and vanilla extract and whisk until smooth.
- Combine the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and whisk until smooth. If the batter is too thick, add water one tablespoon at a time until the batter is fluffy but not runny.
- Using a silicone basting brush, apply deodorized coconut oil on waffle trays if desired for a more crisp, golden waffle.
- Scoop batter onto the waffle iron and cook for 3 to 7 minutes until golden brown (cooking times will vary depending on the type of waffles iron and temperature settings used). When the waffles are ready, stack on a plate while waiting to serve.
- Meanwhile, scoop the pre-chilled coconut whipping cream into a large mixing bowl and whip 1 to 2 minutes using an electric beater, until stiff peaks form.
- Fold in maple syrup and continue to whip until evenly blended.
- Serve the waffles topped with coconut whipped cream, sliced strawberries and sliced almonds allowing them to cool slightly first so that the coconut whipped cream will not melt.