Ceylon Jackfruit Black Curry
Recipe contributed by The Food Snaps
- 1 cup of Ceylon pearl rice, uncooked
- 1 can young jackfruit drained
- ¼ tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 can premium coconut milk
- 3 Tbsp virgin coconut oil
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 large cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup water
- 1 Ceylon black curry kit
- Fresh Thai basil or cilantro for garnish
- While preparing the curry, cook the rice according to the directions on the pack so that it will be ready to serve alongside the curry.
- In a large bowl, combine the jackfruit pieces with turmeric powder and salt then add the more liquid half of the coconut milk can and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, wok or clay cooking pot, heat the virgin coconut oil then stir in contents of Ceylon black curry paste and herb pouches and sauté 1 minute.
- Add onion and sauté until translucent, then add garlic and sauté an additional 30 seconds.
- Add the jackfruit mixture and water to the saucepan and stir well, then cover and cook over low heat for 20 minutes stirring occasionally.
- When the jackfruit chunks are tender and most of the moisture has been absorbed, add the thicker half of the coconut milk can then stir and cook over low heat for another 15 minutes.
- Serve over Ceylon pearl rice and garnish with Thai basil or cilantro.