Jackfruit "Chicken" Salad
Recipe contributed by The Food Snaps
- 1 can young jackfruit, drained and rinsed
- 2 Tbsp vegan mayonnaise
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp black peppercorns, freshly ground
- ¼ tsp ground turmeric
- ½ tsp ground cumin seed
- ½ tsp ground coriander seed
- 3 cups mixed greens (lettuce, kale, baby spinach, etc.)
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- Juice from ½ lemon
- 1 green apple, sliced
- ¼ cup strawberries, sliced
- ¼ cup green grapes, sliced
- ¼ cup cherry tomatoes, sliced
- ¼ cup olives, sliced
- 1 cucumber, peeled into ribbons
- ¼ cup mixed of nuts or seeds of your choice (pumpkin seeds, chia seeds, walnuts, etc.) for garnish
- Micro greens or fresh herbs for garnish
- In large saucepan, bring water to a boil then add rinsed jackfruit, lower heat and simmer 15 minutes.
- Strain jackfruit and slice it into bite size pieces then toss with vegan mayonnaise, salt and spices.
- In a large bowl, drizzle olive oil on greens and toss with lemon juice.
- Add the jackfruit and remaining salad ingredients and toss to combine.
- Serve in a large salad bowl garnished with seeds, nuts and microgreens or fresh herbs.