Jackfruit "Fish" Fillet
Makes 4-6 fillets
- 1 can jackfruit, rinsed and strained
- ¼ medium onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ¼ cup water
- 2 Tbsp olive or avocado oil
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp seaweed flakes eg. dulse, nori)
- 1 vegan omega 3 algae oil capsule
- Oil for frying
- In a large saucepan, bring 8 cups of water to a boil and boil jackfruit for 20 minutes.
- Strain jackfruit and set aside.
- Using a blender, puree onion and garlic then add boiled jackfruit, water and oil and pulse until jackfruit is evenly shredded.
- Transfer jackfruit shreds to a mixing bowl and combine with other ingredients.
- Form patties of desired size, then shape into fillets and fry in hot oil until evenly cooked.