Recipe contributed by Joey's Plate
Serves 8 - 10
- 2 lemons
- 2 clementines
- 2 oranges
- 1 pomegranate
- 4 whole cloves
- 2 true cinnamon quills
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 bottle of red wine (750 mL)
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- Cranberries, cut into halves
- Slice the oranges and dehydrate half of the slices in the oven at low temperature. Reserve the rest of the slices to serve fresh.
- Zest the lemons, extract the juice and set the juice and zest aside.
- Peel the clementines, extract the juice and set the juice and peels aside.
- Remove the seeds from the pomegranate, press them to extract their juice and set the juice aside.
- In a saucepan, bring the wine, maple syrup and lemon and clementine juice to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Reduce heat and add pomegranate juice, spices and vanilla.
- Infuse over low heat for 45 minutes.
- Remove from heat and strain with a fine strainer.
- Serve with slices of fresh and dried oranges, cranberries and the cinnamon quills that were removed, adding more cinnamon quills if desired.