No-Bake Black Forest Cake
Recipe contributed by Joey's Plate
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 cup oats, blended or ground to make oat flour
- ¾ cup cacao powder
- 3 Tbsp ground chia seeds
- ¼ tsp whole cloves, freshly groundd
- 1 cup Medjool dates, pitted and chopped
- ½ cup premium coconut milk
- ¼ cup deodorized coconut oil, melted
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp almond butter
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Whole frozen cherries
- 1 can coconut whipping cream, chilled overnight
- Dark chocolate bar, grated
- Combine almond flour, oat flour, cacao powder, ground chia seeds and ground cloves together in a medium bowl then set aside.
- In a high-speed blender, combine dates, coconut milk, coconut oil, maple syrup, almond butter and vanilla extract and blend until smooth.
- Pour the date mixture into the dry ingredients and stir with a wooden spoon until the mixture binds together then divide into three even parts.
- Line three 6-inch springform cake pans with parchment paper, press the chocolate mixture into the bottoms of the pans to form 3 chocolate base layers and set aside.
- Scoop the pre-chilled coconut whipping cream into a large mixing bowl and whip 1 to 2 minutes using an electric beater, until stiff peaks form.
- Fold in vanilla and continue to whip until evenly blended.
- Cut approximately 12 cherries in half and place these evenly on top of the chocolate base layers then cover each layer with coconut whipped cream, leaving some aside for decoration, and set in the freezer at least 30 minutes.
- Carefully remove all layers from the springform pans and assemble the cake by stacking them together.
- Use the remaining coconut whipped cream to decorate the cake with a piping bag and top with grated dark chocolate and frozen cherries.