Pumpkin No Bake Pie
Recipe contributed by Joey's Plate
- 1 cup oat flour
- ½ cup almond flour
- 2 tbsp mesquite
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp true cinnamon
- ½ tsp fine sea salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 Medjool dates, chopped
- 2 tbsp molasses
- 1 tbsp almond butter
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- ¾ cup cashews, soaked 2 hours
- ½ cup plant-based milk
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 ½ tsp vanilla
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 cup pumpkin purée
- ¼ cup coconut cream (solid top later from unshaken can of premium coconut milk)
- 1 tsp ground true cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- ¼ tsp ground ginger
- ¼ tsp cloves (freshly ground)
- 1 cup melted coconut oil (neutral to taste)
Salted Caramel Sauce
- 2/3 cup maple syrup
- ¾ cup liquid coconut oil (neutral to taste)
- 4 tsp mesquite
- ¼ - ½ tsp fine sea salt
Whipped Cream Topping & Garnish
- 1 can coconut whipping cream, chilled overnight
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup (optional)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- Crushed nuts
- In a large bowl, combine oat flour, almond flour, ginger, cinnamon and sea salt.
- In a separate bowl, combine dates, molasses, almond butter and maple syrup, mixing well.
- Slowly pour dry ingredients into the date and molasses mixture.
- In a circular 8" springform mold, press in crust mixture with fingers and place in freezer to set while preparing the filling.
Filling And Salted Caramel Sauce
- In a high speed blender, blend soaked cashews, plant-based milk, maple syrup, vanilla and lemon juice until smooth.
- Add all remaining ingredients except melted coconut oil and blend for 1 minute, then add coconut oil and continue to blend until smooth.
- Pour over crust and set in freezer for at least 3 hours.
- In a separate bowl, combine all ingredients for caramel sauce and mix well.
Whipped Cream Topping
- Scoop the pre-chilled coconut whipping cream into a large mixing bowl and whip 1 to 2 minutes using an electric beater, until stiff peaks form.
- Fold in vanilla and maple syrup if desired and continue to whip until evenly blended.
- Carefully remove cake from mold and pour caramel sauce over it using a squeeze bottle.
- Using a piper, decorate the pumpkin pie with whipped cream topping and reserve any remaining whipped cream in the fridge for up to 4 days.
- Garnish with crushed nuts and serve immediately.