Pumpkin Spice Bars
Recipe contributed by Jess Stupak
- 1 cup raw pecans
- 8 medjool dates (soaked)
- 1 tbsp virgin coconut oil (melted)
- ½ tsp mountain salt
- 1½ cup raw cashews (soaked)
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- ½ cup coconut cream, chilled overnight
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp ground true cinnamon
- ⅓ tsp ground nutmeg
- ⅓ tsp whole clove
- 1 tsp juice lemon
- 1 can coconut whipping cream, chilled overnight
- Line a loaf pan with parchment paper and set on the side. With a vitamix or food processor, add all of the crust ingredients and mix until the crust becomes a sticky and thick consistency.
- Add the crust to the loaf pan and place in to the freezer for 30 minutes.
- Prepare the filling. Drain the cashews. Add all of the ingredients into the blender. Make sure to just use the coconut cream (not liquid). Blend until a thick, creamy consistency forms.
- Add the filling to the crust and place back into the freezer for at least two hours.
- When ready to serve, scoop the pre-chilled coconut whipping cream into a large mixing bowl and whip 1 to 2 minutes using an electric beater, until it becomes fluffy then spread evenly over the bars before cutting into rectangles or squares.