Spring Greening Smoothie Bowl
Recipe contributed by Joey's Plate
Spring is in full bloom. What does this mean from a health perspective? As our bodies cycle through the seasons, we experience many of the same powerful energetic shifts as our cousins in the plant world. As any gardener knows, this season is all about cleaning out the remains of winter’s debris while providing the nourishment needed for regrowth and regeneration.
One of the most important dietary changes we can make during spring is upping our intake of greens. Greens naturally reinforce the cleansing process we experience in spring, while reducing acidity and providing essential nutrients needed for cellular regeneration and continued good health throughout the coming year.
Inspired by the first blossoms of spring and their promise of lush summer gardens to come, this Spring Greening Smoothie Bowl will leave you feeling refreshed, nourished and ready for that abundant future you’ve been dreaming of.
- 3 bananas
- ½ avocado
- ¼ cup coconut cream
- 1 cup soy or nut milk (+ 1 more cup, optional *)
- 2 scoops protein powder
- ¼ cup fresh mint
- ½ tsp mint extract
- 1 tsp moringa powder
- ½ tsp spirulina or chlorella powder
- 1 tsp matcha powder (optional)
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- Fruit, nuts, chocolate and edible flowers for garnish
- In a blender, combine all ingredients except avocado and purée until smooth.
- Add the avocado and purée again.
- Optional: add up to one cup of plant based milk if you like your smoothie less thick.
- Serve in bowls with your choice of garnish (pictured here: pistachio nuts, kiwi fruit, white dragon fruit and dark chocolate chunks).