Thai Green Coconut Curry
Recipe contributed by Ria Food Photography
- 4 cups baby bok choy, each bunch chopped into 3 pieces
- 2 cups broccoli, chopped into small florets
- 1 medium-sized zucchini, chopped into half moons
- 1 red pepper, cut length-wise into thin slices
- 1 packet of extra-firm tofu, drained and cut into ½ inch cubes
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 3 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar or maple syrup
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 can of Premium Coconut Milk
- 1 pack of Thai Green Curry
- 3 tbsp freshly squeezed lime juice
- ½ cup water
- Salt to taste
- Fresh Thai basil or cilantro for garnish
- Lime wedges for garnish
- 1 cup of Ceylon Pearl Rice, uncooked
- While preparing the curry, cook the rice according to the directions on the pack so that it will be ready to seve alongside the curry.
- Cut the stems of each bok choy bunch and wash thoroughly or submerge in a bowl of water to ensure all dirt is removed.
- In a large skillet, heat half the coconut oil over medium-high heat. Add the tofu, allowing it to cook on each side for about 1 to 2 minutes until crispy and golden then set aside in a separate bowl.
- Reheat the skillet over medium-high heat and add the remaining coconut oil. Sir in the spring onions and garlic then sauté 1 to 2 minutes until they begin to caramelize
- Stir in the contents of the Thai Green Curry paste and herb pouches and sauté for an additional minute.
- Add the baby bok choy, broccoli, red pepper and zucchini to the skillet and sauté for a few minutes.
- Add the Premium Coconut Milk, water, coconut sugar and lime juice, let simmer 10 minutes or until all ingredients are well cooked then carefully add the pre-cooked crispy tofu.
- Serve over Pearl Rice and garnish with fresh Thai basil or cilantro and lime wedges.