Thai Green Curry With Coconut Milk
Recipe contributed by Joey's Plate
- 1 Tbsp olive oil or avocado oil
- 1 small yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can premium coconut milk
- 1 can light coconut milk
- ½ cup water
- 1½ tsp sea salt
- 15 lemongrass stems
- 1½ tsp ground ginger
- ½ tsp ground coriander
- 3 Tbsp thai green curry paste
- 1 broccolini floret
- 2 carrots, sliced lengthwise with a mandolin
- 1½ cups snow peas, cut lengthwise
- Fresh serrano & jalapeño peppers, sliced (optional)
- Lime, cut in wedges
- Green onions, sliced
- Fresh cilantro
- Fresh Thai basil
- Heat the oil in a deep skillet over medium heat, then sauté the onion and garlic until translucent (around 5 minutes).
- Add the coconut milk, water, salt, curry paste, lemongrass, ginger and coriander, then simmer 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Steam the carrots, snow peas & broccolini for around 2 minutes.
- Serve over rice with broccolini, snow peas and rolled carrot slices.
- Garnish with peppers, lime, cilantro, Thai basil & green onions.