Recipe contributed by The Food Snaps
- 1 cup button mushrooms, sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 pat vegan butter
- 3 Tbsp virgin coconut oil
- 1 cup Cha’s Organics pearl rice, uncooked, rinsed
- 1 ½ cup vegetable stock
- ¾ cup Cha’s Organics coconut cream
- ¼ cup vegan grated parmesan
- Fresh parsley, chopped
- Salt to taste
- Cha’s Organics freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Rinse the pearl rice according to directions on pack.
- In a large skillet, heat coconut oil over medium heat. Add chopped onions and garlic and sauté for 2-3 minutes until the onions are translucent.
- Add mushrooms, salt and pepper, fresh parsley, and stir continuously for 2-3 minutes.
- Add vegan butter and mix well for up to 1 minute (for a richer taste, add an extra pat of butter).
- Add the pearl rice and stir well to combine, about 2 minutes.
- On low heat, add ¼ cup vegetable stock and simmer until the liquid is absorbed. Continue slowly adding the remainder of stock until the rice is tender and well cooked.
- Add coconut cream and stir well to combine.
- Add vegan parmesan cheese and stir well.
- Garnish with freshly chopped parsley.